Saturday, June 6, 2009

Coincidence or sheer good luck?

The DominionPost was dominated by two large spreads on Saturday. They both featured imprisonment, but from opposite sides.
The first was the cover story and concerned the verdict from the David Bain murder trial - a long-running saga. That verdict saw Bain found Not Guilty, and, as the DomPost screamed, 'Free at Last'. After all, it is 15 years since he was originally found Guilty and imprisoned.


As an aside, David is my 2nd cousin once removed. His place in my family tree can be seen in our Family History website.
The second was a photo story about the round up or muster of wild horses in the Kaimanawa Ranges, and their imprisonment and, for some, eventual execution.


I'm still not sure if this was mere coincidence or a deliberate arrangement. If it was deliberate, I'm not sure what the purpose was. But I was struck by the serendipitous juxtaposition of two stories dealing with imprisonment.

No comments: