Thursday, April 1, 2010

I remember that too!

A recent post on Sarah Rose's blog recollects an incident when she was young.

A common dilemma faced by working parents with young children is what to do with them when they aren't well enough to go to creche or school, but are well enough to cope with time at work with Mum or Dad. Our solution was, on occasion, to take Sarah Rose (and later Charlotte) to work with us.

Sarah Rose was a very self-possessed you child, and I remember her being very self-conscious when at school with me. It happened a couple of times, and I always thought she was torn between enjoying being fussed over by other teachers, and being the object of comment by students.

The only thing her memory got wrong was my students weren't allowed to call me 'Sir'!

No comments: